The hidden blade that Altair uses to murder his victims in Assassin's Creed is a great costume piece, and if you don't mind working with metal then you should be able to use the instructions in this video to make a really cool one.
From the Creator:
1. A ball bearing slide (mine was 25 cm / 10 inch)
2. A hack saw or other tool to cut metal
3. A nut and a bolt
4. drill bits (one that's 1 or 2 mm for the spring holes, and one to cut a hole for a nut and a bolt. The size of the drill depends on the size of the bolt you are using)
5. Rivet + rivet gun
6. 2 springs (a long one, and a short one)
7. Solid copper wire (I used it to make the weird 'unlock' mechanism shape)
8. A ring (a keyring is the best solution)
9. A string
10. Soldering iron + soldering equipment
Additional files / information:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.