The hidden blade that Altair uses to murder his victims in Assassin's Creed is a great costume piece, and if you don't mind working with metal then you should be able to use the instructions in this video to make a really cool one.
From the Creator:
1. A ball bearing slide (mine was 25 cm / 10 inch)
2. A hack saw or other tool to cut metal
3. A nut and a bolt
4. drill bits (one that's 1 or 2 mm for the spring holes, and one to cut a hole for a nut and a bolt. The size of the drill depends on the size of the bolt you are using)
5. Rivet + rivet gun
6. 2 springs (a long one, and a short one)
7. Solid copper wire (I used it to make the weird 'unlock' mechanism shape)
8. A ring (a keyring is the best solution)
9. A string
10. Soldering iron + soldering equipment
Additional files / information:
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.