Carving pumpkins is a seasonal tradition in many families. Learn how to carve shapes into a pumpkin freehand or using a stencil. f you can, it's fun to pick your own pumpkin at a pumpkin patch. You can also get a fresh pumpkin at a market or farm stand. Choose a pumpkin with a bright orange color that has no bruises, soft spots, scars or mold. The stem should be attached and be dried or slightly brittle. You will need a long thin knife, an ice cream scoop, a poking tool and a saw knife. A beginner pumpkin carving kit will work fine, or you can get more professional tools at a hardware or craft store. If you are drawing freehand, you will need a crayon. If you want to use a template, have your drawing and tape ready. Place your candle inside and display your pumpkin in a safe place. A cut pumpkin may last anywhere from 1 day to a week. Use a sealant such as petroleum jelly or a cooking oil to help lock in the moisture and prevent wrinkling.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades